Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 21: Understanding the Science of COVID-19 Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- Jan. 14: Distributing the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Dec. 15: Reporting On and Living With COVID-19: The View of Four Latin American Journalists
- Dec. 8: What Does It Take to Create a Safe and Effective Vaccine?
- Dec. 17: Virtual Joint Happy Hour with Science Writers of the Upper Midwest (SWUM)
Category Archives: Jobs
Job Title: Freelance Science Writer Type: Freelance Employer: Columbia University Medical Center Location: Freelance Job Description Columbia University Medical Center is looking for freelance science writers to write press releases about new studies published by CUMC scientists. Qualifications Most of our … Continue reading
Job Title: Global Health Writer Type: Full-time Employer: International AIDS Vaccine Initiative Location: New York, NY Job Description: IAVI seeks an experienced, brisk, and imaginative global health writer to serve as a lead contributor to an institutional content strategy that … Continue reading
Job Title: Science Writer, Life & Physical Sciences Type: Full-time Employer: Purdue University Location: West Lafayette, Indiana Job Description Under the direction of the Assistant Director-Editorial, the Science Writer – Life and Physical Sciences, Communication Specialist, is responsible for the development … Continue reading