Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
Category Archives: Jobs
Job Title: Media Relations Manager Type: Full-time Employer: HHMI Location: Chevy Chase, MD Job Description HHMI Communications develops and executes a wide range of creative work to advance the organization’s mission to drive science forward. We’re a close-knit, collaborative group that’s … Continue reading
Job Title: Managing Editor Type: Full-time Employer: American Society of Mechanical Engineers Location: New York, NY Job Description We are looking for a high-energy, experienced, thoughtful, and committed Managing Editor who is a talented wordsmith and skilled at dealing with technical … Continue reading
Job Title: Communications Coordinator Type: Full-time Employer: California Sea Grant Location: La Jolla, CA Job Description California Sea Grant (CASG) is seeking a dynamic communications professional to help tell the story of our outstanding marine research, extension and education programs. Our … Continue reading