Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- December 16: SWINY Holiday Get-Together — Have a drink and snacks on us!
- November 13: An Evening with Robert Klitzman, MD, author of Designing Babies: How Technology is Changing the Ways We Create Children
- November 7: An evening with Reporters Michael Balter and Meredith Wadman on Exposing Sexual Misconduct and Bullying in Academic Science
- October 2: An Evening with Katherine Eban, Author of Bottle of Lies
- August 19: A New Look at New York’s Waterfront
Category Archives: In the News
On June 23, SWINY held its third annual exclusive evening tour of Central Park. All 16 attendees — including two potential future members under age 8 — were enthusiastic and appreciative. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) held two events this Spring. The ABCs of SEO: How to be Search-Engine Friendly and An evening with Gretchen Rubin, were held in conjunction with the American Society of Journalists and Authors. Both events were streamed live over the internet. Continue reading
SWINY co-chair David Levine published a summary of the November 29 SWINY-AHCJ event, Scientific Studies: All You Need to Know—About What You’re Really Reading, on elsevierconnect. Thanks to SWINY Board member Rita Baron-Faust for recognizing this need and putting the panel together. We’ve … Continue reading