Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Category Archives: In the News
On June 23, SWINY held its third annual exclusive evening tour of Central Park. All 16 attendees — including two potential future members under age 8 — were enthusiastic and appreciative. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) held two events this Spring. The ABCs of SEO: How to be Search-Engine Friendly and An evening with Gretchen Rubin, were held in conjunction with the American Society of Journalists and Authors. Both events were streamed live over the internet. Continue reading
SWINY co-chair David Levine published a summary of the November 29 SWINY-AHCJ event, Scientific Studies: All You Need to Know—About What You’re Really Reading, on elsevierconnect. Thanks to SWINY Board member Rita Baron-Faust for recognizing this need and putting the panel together. We’ve … Continue reading