Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Sept. 29: Busting Myths on the Evolution of Humans and Exercise
- Sept. 20: The Role of Numbers in Government, Media, Popular Culture, and Life
- August 18: Monkeypox: What Is It and How Concerned Should We Be?
- July 28: Preventing Zoonotic Spillover at Its Source
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate
Category Archives: SWINY Events
Science Writers in NY cordially invites you to a special evening with award-winning medical correspondent Dr. Max Gomez — discussing his new book “Cells Are the New Cure.” Continue reading
SAVE THE DATE! Science, Journalism, and Democracy: Grappling with a New Reality Wednesday, September 6, 2017 The current media landscape is a confusing swirl of reality, misinformation, and so-called fake news. Where does science communication fit into this mess? And how … Continue reading
Please join Science Writers in New York and the NYC Metro Chapter of the Editorial Freelancers Association to explore cybersecurity for journalists, writers, and editors. Continue reading