Connect with SWINY
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- December 16: SWINY Holiday Get-Together — Have a drink and snacks on us!
- November 13: An Evening with Robert Klitzman, MD, author of Designing Babies: How Technology is Changing the Ways We Create Children
- November 7: An evening with Reporters Michael Balter and Meredith Wadman on Exposing Sexual Misconduct and Bullying in Academic Science
- October 2: An Evening with Katherine Eban, Author of Bottle of Lies
- August 19: A New Look at New York’s Waterfront
Category Archives: SWINY Events
Science Writers in NY cordially invites you to a special evening with award-winning medical correspondent Dr. Max Gomez — discussing his new book “Cells Are the New Cure.” Continue reading
SAVE THE DATE! Science, Journalism, and Democracy: Grappling with a New Reality Wednesday, September 6, 2017 The current media landscape is a confusing swirl of reality, misinformation, and so-called fake news. Where does science communication fit into this mess? And how … Continue reading
Please join Science Writers in New York and the NYC Metro Chapter of the Editorial Freelancers Association to explore cybersecurity for journalists, writers, and editors. Continue reading