Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 28: A Virtual Conversation with Jessica Wapner
- Oct. 22: Can We Use Science to Promote Behavior That Mitigates COVID-19?
- Oct. 14: Can We Predict the Next Pandemic? A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Stephen S. Morse
- Oct. 7: A Virtual Conversation with Carl Zimmer, Science Journalist at The New York Times
- Oct. 1: A Virtual Conversation with George Zaidan, Author of Ingredients: The Strange Chemistry of What We Put in Us and on Us
Category Archives: SWINY Events
Science Writers in NY cordially invites you to a special evening with award-winning medical correspondent Dr. Max Gomez — discussing his new book “Cells Are the New Cure.” Continue reading
SAVE THE DATE! Science, Journalism, and Democracy: Grappling with a New Reality Wednesday, September 6, 2017 The current media landscape is a confusing swirl of reality, misinformation, and so-called fake news. Where does science communication fit into this mess? And how … Continue reading
Please join Science Writers in New York and the NYC Metro Chapter of the Editorial Freelancers Association to explore cybersecurity for journalists, writers, and editors. Continue reading