Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Category Archives: SWINY Events
Join SWINY as Central Park’s Michael Graff and world-renowned naturalist Dr. Gary Lincoff lead us on a private tour of newly reopened Hallett Nature Sanctuary. Rain or shine. Attendance is limited to 20. RSVP today! Continue reading
Join SWINY at Cobble’s Hills Books Are Magic, where award-winning journalist and author Peter Brannen, will be in conversation with David Biello, Energy and Environment Editor, Scientific American. Book signing to follow. Continue reading
Humanoid robots in “Humans,” “Westworld,” and “Ex Machina” are science fiction – for now. Join us for a provocative evening with two experts on the implications of living with smart machines. Continue reading