Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- April 14: One Year After Quarantine: Dating and Partnerships in the Time of COVID-19, Part II
- March 31: Food Scarcity in New York State during the Pandemic
- March 24: COVID-19 Variants and Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- March 18: A Virtual Conversation with Sherry Turkle on Her New Book, The Empathy Diaries
- March 11: A Virtual Conversation with Carl Zimmer, Author of Life’s Edge: The Search For What It Means To Be Alive
Thank your for your payment!
Thank you for joining Science Writers in New York! PLEASE READ, THIS IS IMPORTANT: If you are a new member, we also need you to subscribe to the the SWINY-members Google Group, a members-only mailing list that enables you to enjoy the benefits of your annual membership, which include reduced admission to SWINY events and advance notice of job opportunities. (If you're not sure if you are subscribed, submit your email address anyway. You'll simply receive a reply that you are already subscribed.) Facebook and LinkedIn. If you're on Twitter, send a note to Joe Bonner (firstname.lastname@example.org) so you can be added to SWINY's Twitterati Twitter list. And again, we thank you for joining SWINY and helping us build a great community of science writers in New York City. We look forward to seeing you soon! The SWINY Board