Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
- Nov. 17: Why Is There So Little Interest in Public Health Compared to the Latest Medical Breakthroughs?
Tag Archives: annual party
SWINY’s ANNUAL FEBRUARY PARTY When: Tuesday, February 25, 6 to 9 pm Where: Pete’s Tavern (129 E 18th St) on Irving Place—the oldest continuously operating bar and restaurant in NYC (buffet dinner, open bar) This year’s February-born scientist is Havelock … Continue reading
An Electrifying Social Event on Feb. 26…. SWINY’s annual gathering celebrates February-born innovator Alessandro Volta After all—where would we be without him? Cell phones, laptops, smoke alarms, flashlights, volt-meters….you get the idea. In 1800, Volta—a physicist fascinated with atmospheric electricity—invented the very first battery, i.e., the voltaic pile. … Continue reading