Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Tag Archives: annual party
SWINY’s ANNUAL FEBRUARY PARTY When: Tuesday, February 25, 6 to 9 pm Where: Pete’s Tavern (129 E 18th St) on Irving Place—the oldest continuously operating bar and restaurant in NYC (buffet dinner, open bar) This year’s February-born scientist is Havelock … Continue reading
An Electrifying Social Event on Feb. 26…. SWINY’s annual gathering celebrates February-born innovator Alessandro Volta After all—where would we be without him? Cell phones, laptops, smoke alarms, flashlights, volt-meters….you get the idea. In 1800, Volta—a physicist fascinated with atmospheric electricity—invented the very first battery, i.e., the voltaic pile. … Continue reading