Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Feb. 15: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
Tag Archives: annual party
WHAT: SWINY’s Annual Winter Party. This year we’re celebrating American engineer and inventor of the Ferris Wheel—George Washington Gale Ferris, born Feb. 14, 1859 WHEN: Thursday, February 24, 6:00 – 9:00 PM WHERE: Friend of a Farmer (77 Irving Place … Continue reading
RSVP and Pay Less Now to Reserve Your Spot at the Event of the Season! UPDATE: Scroll down for a list of door prizes! Science Writers in New York (SWINY) invites you to join us for our fifth annual winter … Continue reading