Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 21: Understanding the Science of COVID-19 Vaccines: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. John Moore
- Jan. 14: Distributing the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Dec. 15: Reporting On and Living With COVID-19: The View of Four Latin American Journalists
- Dec. 8: What Does It Take to Create a Safe and Effective Vaccine?
- Dec. 17: Virtual Joint Happy Hour with Science Writers of the Upper Midwest (SWUM)
Tag Archives: book talk
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Jessica Wapner, author of Wall Disease: The Psychological Toll of Living Up Against a Border. Continue reading
Oct. 1: A Virtual Conversation with George Zaidan, Author of Ingredients: The Strange Chemistry of What We Put in Us and on Us
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us on Zoom for a conversation with George Zaidan, author of Ingredients: The Strange Chemistry of What We Put in Us and on Us (published April 4, 2020, Penguin Random House). Continue reading