Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
Tag Archives: carl zimmer
Science Writers in New York welcomes back New York Times science journalist Carl Zimmer for a virtual conversation about the third edition of his book, A Planet of Viruses. Continue reading
March 11: A Virtual Conversation with Carl Zimmer, Author of Life’s Edge: The Search For What It Means To Be Alive
Science Writers in New York welcomes back New York Times science journalist Carl Zimmer (@carlzimmer) for a virtual conversation about his new book, Life’s Edge: The Search for What it Means to be Alive (published March 9, Penguin Random House). Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us on Zoom for a conversation with New York Times science journalist Carl Zimmer, who will discuss the onset of President Trump’s illness, his medical regimen, his prognosis and explain what superspreader events are. Continue reading