Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Tag Archives: COVID-19 vaccines
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, who will talk about the rise of COVID cases in New York City and across the country, mask policies and vaccination strategies. Continue reading
Feb. 16: What the Polio Vaccine Can Teach Us About the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. David Oshinsky
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Dr. David Oshinsky, director of the Division of Medical Humanities at NYU Grossman School of Medicine and a professor in the NYU Department of History, about the parallels between the vaccines for polio and COVID-19. Continue reading
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Brendan Borrell, author of The First Shots: The Epic Rivalries and Heroic Science Behind the Race to the Coronavirus Vaccine. Continue reading