Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
- Nov. 17: Why Is There So Little Interest in Public Health Compared to the Latest Medical Breakthroughs?
- Oct. 27: A Virtual Conversation with Bryn Nelson, author of Flush: The Remarkable Science of an Unlikely Treasure
Tag Archives: covid-19 variants
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, who will talk about the rise of COVID cases in New York City and across the country, mask policies and vaccination strategies. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine, who will discuss the Delta variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus and whether we will need booster shots for Covid-19 for this variant, and more. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine, who will discuss the Indian variant of the SARS-CoV-2 virus, all aspects of the booster shots for Covid-19 as well as how seriously should we take statements by the CEOs of Pfizer and Moderna. Continue reading