Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
- Nov. 17: Why Is There So Little Interest in Public Health Compared to the Latest Medical Breakthroughs?
- Oct. 27: A Virtual Conversation with Bryn Nelson, author of Flush: The Remarkable Science of an Unlikely Treasure
Tag Archives: COVID-19
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with science journalist Ryan Prior, author of The Long Haul: Solving the Puzzle of the Pandemic’s Long Haulers and How They Are Changing Healthcare Forever. Continue reading
Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
Science Writers in New York welcomes back New York Times science reporter Apoorva Mandavilli to discuss her experiences reporting on the COVID-19 pandemic, monkeypox, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, who will talk about the rise of COVID cases in New York City and across the country, mask policies and vaccination strategies. Continue reading