Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- May 26: What Will COVID Look Like This Summer and Will There Be a New Vaccine this Fall?
- May 16: The Growing Crisis In Our Oceans: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Drew Harvell
- May 12: Preventing the Next Pandemic: The Link Between Human Health and the Health of the Planet
- May 3: Building a Sustainable, Reliable Revenue Stream as a Professional (PAID!) Speaker
- April 18: The Pandemic in New York City: What Happened and What Will Happen Next
Tag Archives: COVID-19
Feb. 16: What the Polio Vaccine Can Teach Us About the COVID-19 Vaccine: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. David Oshinsky
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Dr. David Oshinsky, director of the Division of Medical Humanities at NYU Grossman School of Medicine and a professor in the NYU Department of History, about the parallels between the vaccines for polio and COVID-19. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is pleased to once again present Dr. John Moore, professor of microbiology and immunology at Weill Cornell Medicine. Dr. Moore, an expert on vaccine research, for a virtual conversation about vaccine misinformation. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtusl conversation with Robin Lloyd, former SWINY board member and editor of the Smart, Useful, Science Stuff about COVID-19 newsletter. Continue reading