Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Sept. 29: Busting Myths on the Evolution of Humans and Exercise
- Sept. 20: The Role of Numbers in Government, Media, Popular Culture, and Life
- August 18: Monkeypox: What Is It and How Concerned Should We Be?
- July 28: Preventing Zoonotic Spillover at Its Source
- July 13: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Sara Mednick, author of The Power of the Downstate
Tag Archives: mental health
Feb. 24: How to Improve Mental Health and Brain Performance: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Evian Gordon
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Evian Gordan, M.D, Ph.D., founder, chairman and chief medical officer at Total Brain, who will discuss ways to improve mental health and performance. Continue reading
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Lisa Damour who will discuss her work on eating disorders in teenage girls and the effects of the pandemic on the mental health of male and female teenagers. Continue reading