Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
We invite you to explore our site. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
For more information, feel free to contact a board member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
- March 8: The Battle for Your Brain: A Virtual Conversation with Nita A. Farahany
Tag Archives: mental health
Feb. 24: How to Improve Mental Health and Brain Performance: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Evian Gordon
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Evian Gordan, M.D, Ph.D., founder, chairman and chief medical officer at Total Brain, who will discuss ways to improve mental health and performance. Continue reading
Posted in Events Tagged mental health, zoom Leave a comment
June 24: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Lisa Damour
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Lisa Damour who will discuss her work on eating disorders in teenage girls and the effects of the pandemic on the mental health of male and female teenagers. Continue reading
Posted in Events Tagged COVID-19, mental health, zoom Leave a comment