Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Tag Archives: mental health
Feb. 24: How to Improve Mental Health and Brain Performance: A Virtual Conversation with Dr. Evian Gordon
Science Writers in New York invites you to a virtual conversation with Evian Gordan, M.D, Ph.D., founder, chairman and chief medical officer at Total Brain, who will discuss ways to improve mental health and performance. Continue reading
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Lisa Damour who will discuss her work on eating disorders in teenage girls and the effects of the pandemic on the mental health of male and female teenagers. Continue reading