Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
- Nov. 17: Why Is There So Little Interest in Public Health Compared to the Latest Medical Breakthroughs?
- Oct. 27: A Virtual Conversation with Bryn Nelson, author of Flush: The Remarkable Science of an Unlikely Treasure
- Oct. 20: The Science of the Extraordinary and the Source of Happiness
Tag Archives: monkeypox
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Dr. Stephen S. Morse, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, who will talk about the recent monkeypox outbreak, the vaccine shortage and how concerned we should be. Continue reading