Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
We invite you to explore our site. You can also find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter.
For more information, feel free to contact a board member or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
- March 8: The Battle for Your Brain: A Virtual Conversation with Nita A. Farahany
- Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
Tag Archives: monkeypox
August 18: Monkeypox: What Is It and How Concerned Should We Be?
Science Writers in New York invites you to join us for a virtual conversation with Dr. Stephen S. Morse, professor of epidemiology at Columbia University’s Mailman School of Public Health, who will talk about the recent monkeypox outbreak, the vaccine shortage and how concerned we should be. Continue reading
Posted in Events Tagged monkeypox, zoom Leave a comment