Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
- Nov. 30: A Virtual Conversation with Ryan Prior, Author of The Long Haul
- Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
- Nov. 17: Why Is There So Little Interest in Public Health Compared to the Latest Medical Breakthroughs?
- Oct. 27: A Virtual Conversation with Bryn Nelson, author of Flush: The Remarkable Science of an Unlikely Treasure
Tag Archives: school reopenings
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. Sara Bode, who will discuss how to safely reopen schools during the COVID-19 pandemic as well as her work providing care for the underserved and training new pediatric physicians how to advocate in the field of pediatrics through policy and community action. Continue reading