Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- October 4: The Rise in Childhood Suicide
- April 26: A Virtual Conversation with Deirdre Barrett, Author of Pandemic Dreams
- April 12: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- March 22: A Virtual Conversation with Dan Levitt, Author of What’s Gotten Into You
- March 14: Was COVID-19 Caused by a Lab Leak in China?
Tag Archives: zoom
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Dr. John Moore, a virologist at Weill Cornell Medicine, about the the recent government reports, his views on their accuracy and what lessons can be learned to prevent future pandemics. Continue reading
Join SWINY for a virtual conversation with Duke Law School’s Nita A. Farahany, one of the world’s foremost experts on the ethics of neuroscience. Continue reading
Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
Join Science Writers in New York for a virtual conversation with Wall Street Journal reporter Amy Dockser Marcus, whose new book is a narrative of a group of patient advocates who are revolutionizing the way medical research is conducted. Continue reading