Connect with SWINY
Latest YouTube Video
Who We Are
Science Writers in New York (SWINY) is composed of editors and writers who cover science and medicine in the print and electronic news media as well as public relations professionals who promote science. Anyone with an interest in science communication is welcome to become a dues paying member, and non-members are encouraged to attend our events.
- Feb. 15: Wastewater Surveillance: An Important Tool in Detecting COVID-19 and Other Pathogens
- Feb. 8: A Virtual Conversation with Amy Dockser Marcus, Author of We the Scientists: How a Daring Team of Parents and Doctors Forged a New Path for Medicine
- Jan. 19: The Opioid Crisis in America: A Virtual Conversation with Gerald Posner
- Jan. 3: Secrets Of Publishing: A Zoom Talk With Editors, Agents & Authors
- Dec. 6: Is Lithium A Better Treatment for Depression Than SSRIs—And Can It Treat COVID?
Tag Archives: zoom
Science Writers in New York is pleased to kick-off 2023 with a top-tier panel of authors, editors and agents to discuss the ins and outs of the publishing world and how you can get published. Continue reading
Science Writers in New York is proud to present an evening with Dr. Sudhir Gadh, a New York City-based psychiatrist and commander in the U.S. Navy Reserve who believes that the medical establishment has overlooked lithium, an FDA-approved treatment for mania. Continue reading
Nov. 22: Triple Pandemic this Winter? A Virtual Conversation with New York Times Reporter Apoorva Mandavilli
Science Writers in New York welcomes back New York Times science reporter Apoorva Mandavilli to discuss her experiences reporting on the COVID-19 pandemic, monkeypox, and respiratory syncytial virus (RSV). Continue reading